Potato, Rice And Sausage Soup Recipe
1. Canned Italian peppers, chopped (1c)
2. chopped garlic (2cloves)
3. coarsely chopped onion (1large)
4. olive oil (3tbsp)
5. finely chopped flat leaf parsley (2tbsp)
6. water (4c)
7. chopped Savoy cabbage (2c)
8. chopped celery ribs (2)
9. sliced carrot (1med.)
10. salt and freshly ground black peppers (to taste)
11. Italian sweet sausage (1/2c)
12. rice (1/2c)
13. grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
14. extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
15. whole canned Italian tomatoes chopped (1c)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a large soup pot. Place it over medium heat. Heat the 2 tablespoon of olive oil in it. Add onions and garlic in it and then cook them until the onions get soft for about 5 minutes. Now add tomatoes and parsley.
2. Cover the pot and place it over simmer for about 5 minutes. Now add tomatoes and parsley. Cover the pot and place it over simmer for about 10 minutes until tomatoes get break.
3. Then add water, celery, cabbage, carrot, salt and pepper according to taste. Cover the pot and boil it for about 15 minutes.
4. Take a medium size frying pan, place it over medium heat. Then put 1 tablespoon of oil in it. Prick the sausage and put them in the pan and then cook them for about 10 minutes or until they get brown.
5. Take off the sausage from the heat and then slice them. Now add sausage and rice to the soup and cook them until rice gets tender for about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve it hot with grated cheese or drizzle it with extra virgin olive oil.
Number of servings ? 4
- Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe
- Circosta?s Pasta With Chicken And Sausage Sauce Recipe
- Pasta With Pancetta, Sausage And Two Cheeses Recipe
- Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
- Portuguese Fish Stew Recipe