1. Codfish fillets (1 1/2lb)
2. vegetable oil (for frying)
3. crushed garlic (3 small cloves)
4. ground or crushed cilantro (1/2tsp)
5. ground cumin (1tsp)
6. fresh lemon juice (1tbsp)
7. crushed red pepper flakes (3/4tsp)
8. ground star anise (1tsp)
9. salt (to taste)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take cod fish, first take off its skin and then remove bones from it. Now wash it and use a paper towel to pat dry it. Then cut fish into large pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Take a bowl; add pepper flakes, star anise, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and lemon juice in it. Mix all the ingredients well to make smooth paste. Then put this paste into the bowl of fish pieces and mix it gently with fish pieces to coat them.
3. Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator to marinate for about 1 hour. Then take out fish from the bowl and keep it on paper towel to drain some marinade.
4. Take a large frying pan and place it over heat. Add oil in the pan and heat it to 350 degrees.
5. Put a few pieces of fish in hot oil and fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes until the fish changes to golden brown. Then take out fish pieces from oil and serve them with green salad or cooked rice.
Number Of Servings ? 4
1. 1.5 kg salmon fillets
2. 1.5 kg white fish fillets
3. 3 cup matzo meal
4. 4 carrots
5. 2 medium onions
6. 4 eggs
7. Dash sugar
8. Pepper (1tsp)
9. Salt to taste
10. Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
1. Cut the fish fillets and salmon fillets in large chunks and then grind these fillets in a grinder. Grind the onions and carrots along with the fish. Make a smooth paste.
2. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs and 2 cups of matzo meal to the paste formed above. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Mix them well.
3. Beat remaining egg in bowl. Form small round balls of the fish mixture. Dip these balls in beaten egg and coat with remaining matzo meal. Deep fry in oil until cooked well. Serve hot.
1. 1 kg fresh fish
2. 2 cup flour
3. 1 1/2 cup baking mix
4. 1 tsp Red pepper
5. Cooking oil
6. Salt to taste
1. Cut the fish into medium sized pieces. Put the fish in a large bowl and add 2 tsp of salt and fill the bowl with water and place it in a refrigerator. Keep the fish in the bowl for about 2 hours.
2. Remove the fish from the bowl and rinse in fresh water. Drain the water. Add water to baking mix to prepare thin batter. Dip the fish in this batter.
3. Take out the fish from batter and dip in flour with the pepper and salt. Deep fry in a frying pan till golden brown. Serve hot.
? 1.5 kg fish
? 2 cup pancake mix
? 2.5 cup club soda
? 1 cup buttermilk
? Flour 1 lemon
? Cooking oil
Cut the fillets in a triangular shape. Marinate the fish fillets in buttermilk and lemon slices in a refrigerator for 2 hours. Dredge the marinated fish fillets in flour and let them dry for some time. Mix the club soda and pancake mix in the buttermilk used as marinade to prepare batter. Heat oil in heavy frying pan. Dip the fish fillets in batter and let excess batter drip off. Fry the fish for four to five minutes on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Keep the fish in a heated oven to keep it warm until whole of the fish is fried. Serve the fish hot.
1. 1 kg yellow fish
1. 1 egg white
2. Salt to taste
3. 1/4 tsp pepper
4. 1 tbsp cornstarch
1. 1 cup flour
2. 1/2 tsp baking powder
3. 3 tbsp cornstarch
4. 1 cup water
1. Cut the head and tail of the fish. Now cut the fish in the form of thick strips. Now add marinade to the fish strips and marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Prepare the batter. Now dip the head and tail of fish in it and fry till it becomes crispy. Similarly deep fry the marinated fish stripes till golden brown and crisp.
3. Place all the pieces in a serving plate in such a manner that it looks like a fish. Sprinkle spice and salt on it and serve hot.