Zuppa Di Cipalle (Onion Soup) Recipe
1. Vegetable broth (1 1/2quarts)
2. butter (2/3c)
3. ground parmesan (6tbsp)
4. white onions (4 ½ to 5lbs)
5. salt and black pepper (to taste)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take onions, peel them and soak them for about 25 to 30 minutes in cold running water. Take out the onions from water and then cut them into thin slices.
2. Take a non-stick pan. Heat butter in it and then add onions in it. Cook the onions over medium heat by stirring them often. Cook them until they get soften.
3. Now blend the onions in the food processor. After blending put them in the pan along with the vegetable broth. Simmer it uncovered until it gets thicken to a cream. It should take about 45 minutes or an hour.
4. Add salt and black pepper. When it gets ready then mix parmesan cheese and serve it immediately.
Number of servings – 4